Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

toasted cheese sandwiches

I can't quite decide at the moment whether my recovery consists of good days interspersed with wobby moments or wobbly days interspersed with good moments...

either way, right now is good. The wobbly of the last few days seems to have passed, and I feel back on top of things today (meanwhile my next weigh-in is tomorrow, so watch this space...)

So while I'm in such a good mood I thought I would share something else that is making me feel good at the moment - toasted cheese sandwiches!

image



Bread and I have not been friends for some time - but I let my dietician put cheese sandwiches on my meal plan because I knew I could manage it.

And I like them again (albeit a nervous like..but like none-the-less)

I like them made with thick buttered farm-style white bread. I like thick handcut cheese slices. I like the bread toasted just right - I don't like over-toasted dry sandwiches, or undertoasted sandwiches where the cheese hasn't fully melted. But juuuust right...

mmm....

1 comment:

Abby said...

Muenster cheese makes the BEST grilled cheese sandwiches. And I agree that it has to be real cheese, as anything less than the best just doesn't cut it.

Enjoy your sandwiches, as that's what they're made for :)