Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

"you make me look normal"

this was said to me recently by a friend - so straight away I was laughing -no offence taken.

but she was serious. "no really, you make me look normal"

she went on to explain what she meant - not that I was so nuts that by comparison she appeared far less nuts :-) but rather that to her I was normal. She doesn't see me as nuts, but we share so many things, so many habits and thoughts and worries, that by extension my normality gave her a sense of normality.

I really loved hearing this.


If any of you out there reading my blog think that I am normal and you are nuts, just remember I am every bit as nuts as you, and therefore you are every bit as normal as me.

And to those of you kind enough to be concerned about me after my last post, I'm no more or less nuts that I have been in the past, I'm just saying it out loud a little bit now instead of always bottling it up - so that's really quite a good thing - but thank you xx

*normal pic from here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so right, who wants to be normal (boring) anyway!! It's great that you're allowing yourself to open up and let those feelings out! Major step!! Hang in there!!

Mum on the Run said...

What the heck IS normal??
I don't think I know one person who fits that (boring) description!
:-) xxxx